Wednesday 25 March 2009

Scrap Like You Mean it Week 12


RIMG4827b, originally uploaded by Bio-hazar.

As you know from my other post, I've not been too well this month. This has meant that I've not been able to keep up with the Scrap Like You Mean it challenges on UKS. Some of the ones that I have missed have been, "cut a photo", "use paper punches" and "use fabric". I will keep these ideas in the back of my mind and try to fit use them at some point. This weeks challenge however was to use a sketch. I always love a sketch and find them a great place to start for inspiration. Shimelle's sketch was a nice simple one, which I've expanded on slightly. Papers and die cuts used are from Crate Paper Mia Collection. The title was done using Basic Grey letters stickers and letters cut with a CraftRobo using "Storybook" font. Also used velvet ribbon and Ranger paint dabber in Jasper. The photo is of my sister feeding a horse oranges in Florida while we were there visiting my Grandparents one winter. I will never forget how messy a horse eats oranges and it's a memory that will always bring back such joy.

4 comments:

Jo Power said...

A brilliant take on the sketch well done. Love the colours.

jay670120 said...

Love take on the sketch and I love the colours too x

Jenny said...

Gorgeous layout x x

Tinkerbelle said...

Well done,... just caught up on your blog, sorry to hear that you have been under the weather... Big Hugs.... xxxxx Magic and Sparkle xxx