Saturday 20 June 2009

ISMAKI, Penny Black and more!


RIMG5353, originally uploaded by Bio-hazar.

Well it's been a busy weekend of card making. With Father's Day tomorrow and a couple of birthdays as well, it's been a mad rush. For inspiration, of course, I went straight for the ISMAKI challenge blog. I made this first card based on their sketch and used K&Co paper scraps I had left over. I also embellished the card with EmbelliScrap shapes. The stamp images I used are Penny Black "A Great Surprise" stamp, which I've had for some time and not used yet. I coloured in the stamp image with Promarkers. Since I was using a Penny Black stamp, I decided to see what the Penny Black Saturday challenge was this week as well. The PB challenge was to use embossing, so I embossed the large big circle in the back with Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy then inked with distress ink. Which was the option for the ISMAKI challenge to use distress inks.

As it's Father's Day tomorrow, I've made two cards for that. I was a bit cheeky and made two of the same design. I got the idea for this card out of the latest edition of Canadian Scrapbooker, which my Mom so kindly brought over with her. I used Basic Grey paper and the rest was made of scraps of left overs I keep. The edge of the circle is hand drawn stitched and the edges of the card are inked with distress ink.

The fourth card I made was another birthday card. I got some new stamps for my birthday which I used to make this card. I then coloured the image with my Promarkers. The circle was embossed using Cuttlebug "Diamonds in the Rough" embossing folder and then inked with Nick Bantock ink. The rest of the card was made from left over scraps of paper from Sassafras and My Minds Eye.

10 comments:

Isabelle Norris said...

great take on the sketch !
hope you are well
isax

Sue said...

What cute images. Love how you did the embossing.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

great and cute style

delphine said...

Very cute card, thank you for playing. Delphine

claudiprisca said...

elle est magnifique j'adore les petits hérisons
biz claudine

caroline said...

lovely projects especially like the tree card.

Seda Kesen said...

hey you, long time no see! I can see you been busy though some lovely creations there...see you at the scrap club maybe, i will be there thurs and sat this week! x

A and E said...

Brilliant fathers day card! Really jumps out at you! x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous cards and I love your embossed circle......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs Kath xxxxx

Unknown said...

Love the tree card, and the others, but the tree jumps out for me.