Tuesday 3 February 2009

Scrap Like You Mean It

Over on UKScrapbooking, Shimelle is posting a weekly challenge. I've not done everyone but here are a couple that I've done in the last few days.

Week 4 - Use her sketch


I wanted to scrap some photos I took from Neal's Yard last year. I took the photos for a photo competition with the theme "Colour". They didn't win the competition, but I love them anyways. I wanted the vibrant colours of the photos to be the main focus of the layout to give the feel of what it's like to live in such a colourful city. So I did a very basic LO just using Bazzill and DCWV card stock. The title and circles were all cut using my Craft Robo and the fonts used were Lucida Handwriting and Pooh.

Week 5 - Use Black & White either photo or papers.














This weeks UKS team challenge was also to use B&W so I decided to incorporate the two. The team challenge was to use black and white, follow a Becky Flech circle Page Map, use a stamp repetitively and use flowers. As my LO was using an old car photo of my dh I decided to leave off the flower bit. I stamped a piece of white card stock with a Tim Holtz stamp to make a background. I used My Minds Eye 29th Market papers for the circle sketch. The title, journal tag and paper chain was cut using a Craft Robo. Fonts used were Candice and Missed Your Exit.

4 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

WOw... love the brightness of the London page, great colours and energy and also the lovely stamping on the background of the second one.

Pat said...

Argh...neals yard...recognised straight away. Love that little colourful corner of Covent garden!!

Julia Dunnit said...

These are great!

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

love the black and white layout, fabby xx