Tuesday 4 March 2008

Mothering Sunday


Just For Mum, originally uploaded by Bio-hazar.

I'm a couple of days late posting this, but this is the card I made for my Mother-in-law for Mothering Sunday. I haven't made my mother one yet, because Canada doesn't celebrate Mother's Day till second Sunday in May.

We decided we would take my MIL out for lunch after church. We went to our first choice only to find a 45 min wait. So it was decided that we would try someplace else. We drove around in very bad traffic trying to find somewhere that still had room on Mother's Day when we hadn't booked a table. We ended up at one of my MILs favourite restaurants in Black Heath called Cafe Uno. We had a lovely appraisers of goats cheese on toasted crusty bread. My Father in Law and I had thin crust Italian pizza's, Peter had steak and my MIL had mushroom crepes. It was a lovely meal and even better that we used MILs loyalty card and got 15% off our meal!

The card was made using my new Cuttlebug "Build-a-Flower" cut and emboss die system. That I just received from the US the day before. I coloured the petals with Ranger Paint Dabbers and put the flower together with a crystal brad. Background paper is We R Memory Keepers Urban Window Collection. The ribbon is Die Cut With a View self adhesive ribbon. The text was done using Rubbadubbadoo Stick 'n Stamp magnetic range and the scroll is my new Basic Grey Two Scoops Swirlie stamps.

Thanks for looking :)

No comments: