Wednesday 16 April 2008

Tag Your It #2 - Polka Dots

Tag Your It #2

Just finished off this little "mini" Tag for "Tag You It" #2 challenge to use Polka Dots. I wanted to try this new technique that I saw on Isa's blog of using Ranger metal Paint Dabbers with alcohol inks and perfect pearls. I cut a mini tag of card using my CuttleBug and the Red Tag Sale die. Then used Isa's technique on that and stamped Sassafras Ribbonrie stamp along the side and Basic Grey SwTYI Close Up Flowerirlie stamps on the corners. I then cut out a small square and covered it with Ranger Dried Marigold and Tattered Rose Distress Inks. Using a different Sassafras Ribbonrie stamp with polka dots, I stamped the square with Perfect Pearl medium and used metal shade of gold and platinuTYI Close Up Charmm Perfect Pearls to bring out the polka dots. I then used a free stamp from Craft Stampers to add the flowers and coloured them in with alcohol inks and a water brush. I attempted to add fibers to the tag through the original hole, but it tore so I had to staple the fibers to the tag with a coloured staple. I finished off the tag by adding a metal flower charm. As this tag is so small, I'm trying to decided if I should turn it into an ATC, or I might use is as an embellishment on a scrapbook layout.

9 comments:

Sam said...

Oooh look at all the yummy shimmer! LOVE what you've done here, so many beautiful elements! And thank you for taking part again, you have a wonderful style! Hope to see you back next week :)

Anonymous said...

great tag !! well done with the new technique !!

Anne said...

What a fabulous technique - I need to see this! Your tag is wonderful - it's so effective with all those gorgeous metallics blending like that. Thank You so much for playing along - hope you enjoyed it :o)

Hermine said...

Beautiful, love the shimmer

Bagpuss said...

These are just so gorgeous! Love the shimmer and no way would I give these away - put them on a LO so you keep them!

lee said...

very beautiful thanks for sharing the technique

barmyowlscoo said...

Cool tag,I will have to have a try.

Penny said...

Oh what am amazing tag, such beautiful texture and a cool technique!

Cass said...

Beautiful techniques used to produce a beautiful little tag.

Cass xx