Friday 25 April 2008

Yellow Bush of Happiness


Yellow Bush, originally uploaded by Bio-hazar.

I've had some very sad news today from back home in Canada. So I've been on the phone with several members of my family today. It's very hard to be so far away from them when I feel they need me the most. However it's nice to be able to stay in contact with them over the phone, with e-mail and even this blog! While I was talking with my Dad he asked me about his favourite bush outside our house. He really likes this yellow bush, as he can tell when he comes over which is our house but the bright yellow flowers in the front garden. So after talking with him I grabbed my camera and took a few photos of the bush for him. When he saw them on Flick it really made him cheer up, so I'm now calling the busy the "Yellow Bush of Happiness"! Now I am showing it all to you so you too can have a little bit of happiness today.

With all that is going on today I am reminded of a song we sing in church. Blessed Be Your Name by Matt Redman. It talks about Blessing God not just when we are in the good time and happy, but also when the darkness come and time of suffering. Blessed be your Glorious Name!

2 comments:

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Sorry to hear you've had sad news. I love the Matt Redman song. The 'Yellow Bush of happiness' is an apt name, especially as yellow is such a happy sunny colour

Cass said...

Sorry about the sad news.What a stunning photo.

Cass xx