Tuesday 8 April 2008

Tag Your It & CPS Hybrid


Today I've had a real progression of Art day. I started by just playing around with a new technique that I saw on UKsrappers. I found a thread that linked to this YouTube video, and using this technique I made this tag using Ranger Broken China Distress Ink brayered onto Birds and Swirls folder before running through the CuttleBug.

Then I found another challenge blog for altered tags that has just stared called "Tag Your It" and it's first challenge is called "Shades of Blue". So I used my embossed tag as the base and added a stamped image done with Crafty Individual stamp, attached different colours of blue ribbons and ric rak with coloured staples to the side and a metal flower inked stained blue with alcohol inks.

Once I completed the Tag, I decided to use it for another challenge as well. This time the CPS #58 sketch and challenge to make a Hybrid card. A Hybrid card means that you used both your usual paper craft supplies as well as downloaded digital elements that are printed off and used together. To make my Hybrid card I used free digital downloads of Shabby Princess Moody Blue background paper and ribbon and Jessica Sparage Echoes of Asia Flowers. Then added my paper element of the "Shades of Blue" Tag.

Hybird Blue Card

20 comments:

Sam said...

What a fantastic way to show the progression from a tag base to a beautiful card! And what a card!! Love the stamp you've used and all the ribbon...fabulous!

And thank you so much for taking part in our first challenge :)

Anne said...

LOL!! I was looking at your original tag thinking "Ooh, that's lovely" then I saw you'd added to it and thought "Cooor!!" then I scrolled down to see the finished piece and WOW!!! I think this is fabulous!!! What a brilliant idea! And you say you don't do tags????? I beg to differ!

Thank You so much for playing along - I hope you loved it enough to come and have another go on Friday? ;o)

Anonymous said...

hi Shelley !
this is a fantastic tag !!! love it
isa xx

Lea L. said...

Great job going hybrid this week!! Your card looks wonderful! Thanks for playing at CPS!

~Lea

Jazzy1972 said...

Fantastic work and I love that tag, was reading about that technique myself, sounds and looks fab but as I dont have a cuttlebug or similar I can't reproduce it but it has made me want one now lol. Stunning work. Jay xx

Anonymous said...

Very very pretty! Love the colour!

Rika said...

Wow, this is great!

Shirley said...

This is really gorgeous :)

Charity Hassel said...

oh, how pretty! you really did a great job with the hybrid! so glad you took the cps challenge!!!

Angie C said...

What a stunning tag - love the way you showed the progression and the finished project - fabby

barmyowlscoo said...

Beautiful work, the element you chose work perfectly together.

Unknown said...

Must go and hunt that technique down. Great tag. Deb x

mandijane said...

Wow what a journey in a day...

Katy said...

Gorgeous work!

Krista B. said...

Gorgeous Card - so beautiful : )

Kandis Smith said...

how adorable is that little birdie!! Thanks for playing along!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is just gorgeous! I lvoe the tag and the way you used it ont he card looks great. Awesome take on the sketch.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful tag, love the different shades of blue.

staceykingman said...

Oh, so pretty!

Hazel said...

Great tag! I love that technique with the 'bug folder, although I haven't tried it with Distress Ink yet. It works great with Brilliance. Your finished tag is really gorgeous, great use of all the elements.